Professor,Associate Professor ,Assistant Professor, Jobs & Vacancy in Education at Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner Dec 2011
Job or Vacancy Description:
Applications on the prescribed form are invited for recruitment to under mentioned posts in this University :-
Professor : 08
Subject : Agronomy Plant Breeding & Genetics Soil Science & Agril. Chemistry eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
Associate Professor : 33
Plant Breeding & Genetics
Soil Science & Agril. Chemistry
Ag. Engg. (Soil & Water Conservation Engg.)
1. A consistently good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline.
2. A minimum of 8 years of experience in teaching/ research and/or extension education as Asstt. Prof. of which at least 4 years should have been spent at an AGP of Rs. 7000/- or equivalent position in a University/ College or Accredited Research Institution (excluding the period spent in Ph.D. research subject to a maximum of 3 years) with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
Assistant Professor : 50
Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC/CSIR/ASRB in the concerned or relevant subject or similar test accredited by the UGC/CSIR/ASRB etc.
Programme Coordinator : 12
Doctoral degree in Agriculture/Horticulture/Animal Science/Fisheries including relevant basic sciences with 04 (four) year experience in the relevant subject as Scientist/Lecturer/Extension specialist or in an equivalent position in the pay scale of Rs.8000-13500 having made contribution to research/teaching/extension education as evidenced by published work/innovations.
Alternate Qualifications: Doctoral degree in the relevant subject including relevant basic sciences with 04 (four) years experience of high quality post doctoral research in an institution of repute, evidenced by publications in high impact/renowned journals.
How to apply : The application duly completed in all respects be sent alongwith demand draft payable to the Comptroller, SKRAU, Bikaner worth 1,000/- for appointment on the post of Professor, Associate Professor & Programme Coordinator and 500/- for appointment on the post of Assistant Professor. For SC/ST candidates application fee would be reduced to 50%. The downloaded application form duly completed alongwith fee (mentioned as above) should reach the office of the Registrar, S.K. Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner – 334 006 (Rajasthan) Application received after the last date and without attaching prescribed fee through Demand Draft will be rejected without any information.
1. Number of post(s) can be increased or decreased maintaining roster system.
2. Applications received after last date or incomplete application forms will be rejected without making any further reference and no fee will be refunded. University shall not be responsible for any delay.
3. Reservation shall be provided to SC/ST/OBC/SBC candidate as per Rajasthan Universities Teachers and Officers Selection for Appointment Act 1974 (Act No. 18 of 1984) for bonafide residents of Rajasthan State as per Government of Rajasthan Rules.
4. University reserves the right not to fill up any or all posts advertised.
5. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large in number and it is not convenient or possible for the University to interview all those candidates, the University may restrict the number of candidates based on academic achievements and experience in the relevant field by screening of applications.
6. Some modifications are made in the number and disciplines of posts advertised earlier vide advertisement No. 1/2007 dated 23.06.2007, 1/2008 dated 13.02.2008 and 2/2008 dated 04.03.2008 on account of bifurcation of the University (SKRAU & RAJUVAS) and permission received from Government of Rajasthan to fill up the posts. For filling up rest of the posts advertised earlier, the process of getting approval is in process.
7. The candidates who had applied in response to earlier advertisements are requested to resubmit application in the new format available at the University website. Such candidates need not to pay application fee again. In case, new application form is not received by due date, it is assumed that he/she is not interested to apply for the concerned post.
8. A relaxation of 5% will be provided (from 55% to 50%) in the marks at the Master’s level for SC/ST category candidates. Pension and other allowances will be admissible to selected candidates as per financial rules of the University modified from time to time.
9. Any candidate joining the University will be placed on probation period for two years from the date of joining. During the probation period, the selected candidate will be paid fixed emoluments permissible as per GoR rules applicable and will be placed on regular pay scale after successful completion of the probation period.
10. The selected candidates will be governed under the rules adopted by the Board of Management vide its Resolution No. RAU/BOM-67/2007-1/1042 dated 23.01.2007 and notified by Notification No. 496 dated 06.02.2007.
11. No candidate shall be eligible for appointment to the service who has more than two children on or after 01.06.2002. Provided that the candidate having more than two children shall not be deemed to be disqualified for appointment so long as the number of children he/she has on Ist June, 2002, does not increase.
12. Provided further that where a candidate has one child from earlier delivery but more than one child are born out of a single subsequent delivery, the children so born shall be deemed to be one entity while counting the total number of children.
13. Score Card- Applicant should also fill up the score card for the applied post and attach the same with his application form Envelope containing application should be superscribed with “APPLICATION FORM FOR THE POST _____. REGISTRAR
Tentative Last Date: 20-12-2011
About the organization:
Swami Keshwanand, after whom the RAU has been renamed as Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner (SKRAU, Bikaner) vide Gazette notification No. F. 4 (2) vidhi/ 2/ 2009 dated June 09, 2009, was born at the village Magloona in Sikar district of present-day Rajasthan in the year 1883. His actual name was Birama. The famine of 1899 forced the 16-year-old Birama to leave the desert region and move to Punjab in search of livelihood. Driven by an ineffable spiritual quest, he became a sanyasi in 1904 and was inducted into the Udasin sec. He commenced his education at the Sadhu Ashram Fazilka. He learned the Hindi and Sanskrit languages and the Devanagari and Gurmukhi scripts at the Ashram. At the Kumbha Mela held at Prayag in 1905, Mahatma Hiranandji Avadhut conferred on Birama the new name “Swami Keshwanand”. Swami Keshwanand lived an accomplished life of myriad facets such as freedom fighter, educator, Hindi propagator and social reformer. After the Jalianwalla Bagh Massacre of 1919, Swamiji participated in the non-cooperation movement under the leadership of Mahatma Gandhi for which he was imprisoned for two years (1921-1922) at Ferozepur. In 1930, he was given charge of Congress activities in Ferozepur district. He was again arrested the same year, but was soon released pursuant to the Gandhi-Irwin pact. Swami Keshwanand, founded more than 300 schools, 50 hostels and innumerable libraries, social service centers and museums. In 1911, within a few years of his initiation into the Udasin Dasnami sect as a sanyasi, Swami Keshawanand started the “Vedant Pushp Vatika” library within the precincts of the Sadhu Ashram Fazilka. The following year, he started a Sanskrit school at the same place. In 1932, Swami Keshwanand was made director of the Jat School, Sangaria, which was at the verge of closure for want of funds. He was successful in averting the closure of the school, which was renamed Gramothan Vidyapith, Sangaria in 1948. Within the premises of this school, Swami Keshwanand developed a museum with a valuable collection of rare documents, paintings and antiques. He undertook a large-scale, successful project to green the surroundings of the school, which was located in one of the most arid regions of India. It gradually developed into present day institution- Gramothan Vidyapith, Sangaria, an inspiration for educators far and wide. Swami Keshwanand felt that the knowledge of the Hindi language is a must to keep the country united and to educate the public about nationality.
Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University Bikaner
S.K. Rajasthan Agricultural University,
Bikaner – 334 006 (Rajasthan)