Dy. General Manager (Foundry),Manager (ERP),Dy.Manager (Capital Projects & Cranes),Engineer (Maintenance)-Electrical & Engineer, Jobs & Vacancy in Management at Braithwaite & Company Limited, Kolkata Dec 2011
Job or Vacancy Description:
Braithwaite & Co. Ltd., A Govt. Of India Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways invites applications from Indian Nationals for filling up the following posts :
1. Dy. General Manager (Foundry)
2. Manager (ERP)
3. Dy.Manager (Capital Projects & Cranes)
4. Dy.Manager (Commercial)
5. Asst. Manager (F &A)
6. Engineer (Maintenance)- Mechanical
7. Engineer (Maintenance)-Electrical
8. Engineer (Quality Control & Lab)
9. Engineer (Foundry)
10. Medical Officer
11. Personal Secretary- (NUS category)
12. Supervisor (Cranes)- (NUS category)
How to Apply : Applications on plain paper with detailed Resume, photograph and copies of all testimonials favouring the candidature may be made to Box No: 182, GPO, Kolkata-700001
1. The candidate at sl no. 1 should have atleast 5 years hands on experience in building design and 5 years in quality control/ construction and estimation of civil engineering structures viz. buildings in a PSU or reputed construction company. Sl. 2 and 3 should possess relevant experience in construction and quality control. Sl. 4 should have experience in quantity survey/ estimates in civil/ structural.
2. Eligible candidates having relevant experience may apply within 15 days to The Senior Manager (P&IR) on the above address. Age limit would be 45 years for Sl. 1 and 40 for others subject to relaxation for reserved category. Retired persons, below 63 years of age, having proven track record in the desired field may also apply. For further details of BBUNL visit the Company’s website at www.bbunl.com. Email: Click Here For the EMAIL ID to APPLY. Fax: 033-24797046
3. BBUNL is recruiting Trainees by All-India Open Competitions only. For this, open advertisements in leading dailies are issued.
4. The aspirants should be Graduates/Post Graduates in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Computers/ Metallurgical/ Civil/ Industrial Engineering).
5. For Non-technical disciplines, they are required to be CA/ICWA or MBA/PG Diploma in Personnel Management/Marketing or MCA or equivalent. Recruitment is done by written test followed by interview.
6. The Management Trainees are given thorough in-house on-the-job training. They are also subjected to intensive classroom training. In this way they are groomed to emerge out as a resourceful executive. The senior level posts in the group companies are filled up, wherever required, through open advertisements in the leading daily newspapers.
Tentative Last Date:31-12-2011
About the organization:
Braithwaite was established in 1913 as the Indian Subsidiary of Braithwaite & Co. Engineers Limited (U.K.), for undertaking fabrication of Structural Steel Works. The Clive works in Calcutta commenced manufacture of wagons for Indian Railways from 1934. In the meanwhile the Company was incorporated in erstwhile Bengal as Braithwaite & Co (India) Ltd on February 28, 1930. In the year 1960 Braithwaite’s Angus Works located at Bhadreswar, Dist. Hooghly was setup for manufacture of Cranes, Foundry products, Machinery components etc. The Project Division at Calcutta was established in 1978 to execute turnkey projects for material handling plants. In 1987 Victoria Works was taken over, which is equipped with all facilities for manufacture of Pressure Vessels, Railway Wagons and Heavy Structurals. Braithwaite & Co Limited was registered and incorporated on 1st December 1976 as a fully owned Govt. of India Undertaking. The company today has three units – Clive Works, Victoria Works both in Calcutta and Angus Works (in Hooghly District), West Bengal. The company also has a well equipped Project Division. As a subsidiary of BBUNL, the company is managed by a Board of Directors. To establish a fair, equitable and uniform personnel policy in respect of Service Rules, Career growth, Training, IR etc. in all Group Companies. To integrate Career growth opportunities of employees with the business growth of the Companies. To provide a system of equality in opportunity, equity in assessment and uniformity in implementation of the career growth plans among all the Group Companies. To ensure continuity of management by systematic succession planning for Senior/Key positions in the organisation. To maintain the continuous existence of a motivated team of Supervisors and Executives, enabling them to harness their energies, skills and knowledge to the best interests of the organisation. To recognise and reward performance, potential and commitment of employees towards achieving the organisational goals. To rationalise manpower in order to optimise the employment cost and value added per employee, which together can contribute towards the economic viability of the Companies. To impart training to employees of all levels with a view to upgrading their skills as well as bringing attitudinal change in them so that a positive work culture can be established. Special emphasis on training for the enhancement of Managerial Effectiveness and Leadership development. Training on Turn-around strategies, Strategic Management, Marketing, TQM, I.T. etc. Effective Induction Training for Management Trainees to build them as the Managers for the future. Thrust area for BBUNL Group management in 2009-10 was to strengthen the core competencies of each of the Group companies, diversify into non-core area where the companies can excel with minimum investment and achieve Turnaround performance during the year 2009-10. We are proud to announce that BBUNL Group had achieved its set goal and achieved a spectacular turnaround performance during 2009-10 registering 36% improvement in Production.
Braithwaite & Company Limited
(A Government of India Undertaking under Ministry of Railways)
5 Hide Road, Kolkata – 700043, India