Attendant-cum-Technician, Jobs & Vacancy in Engineering at Steel Authority of India Limited, Raipur Oct 2011
Job or Vacancy Description:
Steel Authority of India Limited
Name of the post : Attendant-cum-Technician (Trainee)
1. Fitter – 21
2. Electrician – 20
3. Welder – 10
4. Turner – 10
5. Mason – 04
6. Machinist – 05
7. Motor Vehicle – 03
8. HV Driver – 10
Total : 83
Eligibility Essential Qualification :
Matriculation with ITI from recognized institution in any of the following trades:
Fitter, Electrician, Welder, Turner, Mason, Machinist, Motor Vehicle Mechanic.
For Sl. No. 8 (HV Driver) Matric with HVD License with minimum 1 year experience of operating tipper in mines.
Successful completion of Apprenticeship training in a reputed Indian industry, preferably steel industry, after passing out from a recognized Industrial Training Institute (ITI).
Age : Minimum 18 yrs. & Maximum 28 yrs. as on 01/10/2011
How to apply : Application typed on a plain paper, giving full particulars in the enclosed format, addressed to Post Box No. 16, Post Office Sector-1, Bhilai, Distt-Durg, CG Pin – 490 001, along with a fresh crossed non-refundable A/c payee demand draft of Rs. 250/ – (SC/ST and Physically Handicapped candidiates are exempted from application fees) drawn in favour of the Steel Authority of India Ltd., Bhilai Steel Plant, Post Box No. 16, Post Office Sector-1, Bhilai, Distt-Durg, Chhattisgarh Pin – 490 001
1. Candidates not fulfilling the above criteria need not apply.
2. Upper age limit is further relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC candidates on production of Caste Certificate issued by Competent Authority in the prescribed format as per given annexure.
3. The physically challenged candidates are required to produce disability certificate issued by the Medical Board duly constituted by the State Govt./Central Govt. as per the provisions of Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and full participation) Act 1995.
5. PH reservation on horizontal basis, only for Orthopedically Handicapped (OL: One Leg affected), Hearing Handicapped (PD: Partially Deaf) & Visually Handicapped (PB: Partially Blind) candidates having more than 40% disability.
6. Bokaro Steel Plant reserves the right to reject the applications that are not complete or do not conform to the eligibility requirements and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicants.
7. Training – Selected candidates shall undergo training for the period of two years which may be extendable by another two years as per requirement. They shall continue to work as trainees and acquire various skills.
8. Consolidated Pay – ` 8250/-pm during 1st year and ` 9350/-pm during the 2nd year of Training.
9. The mode of selection shall include written test followed by interview of shortlisted candidates. The date, time and venue of Written Test/ Interview will be intimated later on.
10. Candidates working in Govt./Semi-Govt./Public Undertaking should apply through proper channel or should be able to produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer at the time of interview.
11. Eligible employees of Bokaro Steel Plant may also apply as Departmental candidates. Upper age limit for departmental candidates shall be 33 years(additional 05 years relaxation for SC/ST Departmental candidates ).
12. Candidates should have the requisite academic qualification from a recognized University / Institution at the time of application.
13. For error-free computerization of data, the Application form should be filled in English only and the application format should be strictly adhered to.
14. While SAIL-BSL will exercise every care to avoid errors in the conduct of all stages of the recruitment process, it shall not take any liability for any error as may inadvertently occur in the process.
15. The vacancies shown above are provisional and liable to increase or decrease (even reduced to nil). Bokaro Steel Plant is not liable to compensate the applicant for consequential damage.
16. Applicants should give clear and complete postal address for correspondence. SAIL will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery / non-delivery of any communication at any stage of the recruitment process. Any request for change of address will not be entertained.
17. A Candidate’s single application should be sent in one envelope. Multiple applications in one envelope shall be rejected. All photocopies of certificates must be self-attested by candidate.
18. If the candidates do not fulfill any of the conditions given in the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled at any stage whenever the discrepancy is noticed.
19. The advertisement is available at SAIL website www.sail.co.in. Any subsequent changes if made in this advertisement, shall be communicated thru this website. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
20. In case of any dispute, the case shall be settled in the Courts of Bokaro Steel City only.
21. Candidates trying to use influence or unfair means will be disqualified from selection.
22. Selection of candidates is subject to being found medically fit by the Medical Officer of the Company.
23. Only those Indian Nationals should apply who accept the terms and conditions mentioned in this advertisement. Candidates not fulfilling the above requirements need not apply.
24. The date, time and place of the selection process will be intimated later on.
25. The above posts carry benefits such as CPF, Gratuity, Industrial DA, Conveyance Allowance, free medical facility, LTC/LLTC etc. as admissible & as per the rules of the company.
26. The candidates employed in Govt. Department / PSU / Autonomous bodies must produce NOC at the time of Interview. In case, the candidate fails to produce the certificate his/her candidature will not be considered.
27. Attested / Self Attested Photocopies of all academic and professional Qualifications, proof of date of Birth (Matric/High School Certificate). Caste Certificate issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar, attested photograph should be attached along with the application.
28. The OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for OBC concession and such candidates have to indicate their category as “General”. The OBC certificate should have been issued recently.
29. Envelop containing the application should be clearly superscribed ’Application for the post of Attendant-Cum-Technician (Trainee)
30. The advertisement is available at SAIL website www.sail.co.in. Any subsequent changes if made in the employment notice shall be communicated through the website. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
Tentative Last Date :12-11-2011
About the organization :
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) is the leading steel-making company in India. It is a fully integrated iron and steel maker, producing both basic and special steels for domestic construction, engineering, power, railway, automotive and defence industries and for sale in export markets. SAIL is also among the five Maharatnas of the country’s Central Public Sector Enterprises. SAIL manufactures and sells a broad range of steel products, including hot and cold rolled sheets and coils, galvanised sheets, electrical sheets, structurals, railway products, plates, bars and rods, stainless steel and other alloy steels. SAIL produces iron and steel at five integrated plants and three special steel plants, located principally in the eastern and central regions of India and situated close to domestic sources of raw materials, including the Company’s iron ore, limestone and dolomite mines. The company has the distinction of being India’s second largest producer of iron ore and of having the country’s second largest mines network. This gives SAIL a competitive edge in terms of captive availability of iron ore, limestone, and dolomite which are inputs for steel making. SAIL’s wide range of long and flat steel products are much in demand in the domestic as well as the international market. This vital responsibility is carried out by SAIL’s own Central Marketing Organisation (CMO) that transacts business through its network of 37 Branch Sales Offices spread across the four regions, 25 Departmental Warehouses, 42 Consignment Agents and 27 Customer Contact Offices. CMO’s domestic marketing effort is supplemented by its ever widening network of rural dealers who meet the demands of the smallest customers in the remotest corners of the country.
Steel Authority of India Limited
Bhilai Steel Plant
Post Box No. 16, Post Office Sector-1, Bhilai, Distt-Durg,
Chhattisgarh Pin – 490 001